Tips for Parents:
- Meet the new teacher - Take advantage of your school's open house. Give yourself and your child the chance to meet their new teacher before starting school.
- Tour the school - Help your child become familiar with their new class or school to help calm nerves.
- Tool up - Obtain a class supply list and take a special shopping trip with your child. You can also visit the Back to School Marketplace on Aug. 20, 2018 from 5:00-8:00 p.m. to pick up some items, play games, win prizes, and get haircuts. Event takes place at the D&R Event Center at 122 E Heron St. in Aberdeen.
- Chat about today's events and tomorrow's plans - Take time to learn about your child's day.
- Ease into the routine - Avoid mayhem by practicing your routine a few days in advance. Routines help children feel comfortable and will make the first day go more smoothly.