Being physically active on a regular basis is one of the most important things you can do for your health and your children's health!
There are many benefits to routine physical activity including:
- Strengthen your bones and muscles
- Weight control
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease
- Improved mental health and mood
You can encourage your child to be physically active by:
- Being active yourself! You help shape your child's attitudes and behaviors!
- Make physical activity part of your family's daily routine.
- Take your children to places, such as parks, where they can be active. For a quick look at some of our local parks, go to http://www.aberdeenwa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2016ParkBrochure.pdf
Above all, be safe and have fun!